Equity Starts Early: How Chiefs Will Build High-Quality Early Education
This policy paper outlines five action steps to leverage the value of early childhood education for a state's public education system.
- Engage famlies and communities in early learning.
- Connect early childhood programs and elementary schools.
- Accelerate improvement and innovation in early childhood programs.
- Build a high performing early childhood workforce.
- Increase investment to provide quality, voluntary early childhood education for all children.
Taken together, these five strategies - when coupled with high-quality K-12 education - will contribute to closing the achievement gap and strengthening student outcomes through college and career.