Session 2: Mapping Your State’s TA System, Setting Goals and Tapping into New Resources (In-Person Meeting)
1. Make connections with Learning Table state leaders and identify peer resources.
2. Share the initial state TA map and gain ideas about deepening the technical assistance map across settings, sectors, and funding streams; consider access to and quality of TA and implications for programs, technical assistance providers, intermediaries and systems.
3. Identify indicators of an effective, integrated, cross sector technical assistance system, through consideration of terminology, governance, finance and sustainability.
4. Begin the self-assessment, Policy Advocacy Tool, and establish priorities for continuing the work with the State team.
5. Learn how to use the Technical Assistance Planning Template and follow up with your state teams.
Early Childhood Education Professional Development, Training and Technical Assistance Glossary, NAEYC and NACCRRA, 2011: http://www.naeyc.org/GlossaryTraining_TA.pdf
Strategic Directions: Technical Assistance Professionals in State Early Childhood Professional Development Systems, NAEYC Public Policy Report: http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/TA_Professionals.pdf