I. Laying the Foundation for Quality Improvement
Systems Planning & Implementation Guides
This webinar from the BUILD Initiative and National Center on Early Childhood Development, Teaching, and Learning (NC ECDTL) explores four systems planning guides that support states in building or revising their Early Childhood Education systems and the subsystems that comprise them. Specifically, the 30-minute walk-through explores how these guides are similar, how they differ, and how to use them to best meet your state's needs.
- System-building Tools and Resources
- Aligned Professional Development Systems Planning and Implementation Guide
- A Tool to Assess the Alignment of State/Territory PDS and QRIS
- Build It Better: Indicators of Progress to Support Integrated Early Childhood Professional Development Systems
The Development and Implementation of Coaching / TTA Competencies
Whether you are developing, revising, or implementing your state’s coaching / TTA Core Knowledge and Competencies this session has something for you. The National Center on Early Childhood Quality Assurance (ECQA Center) and BUILD were delighted to feature facilitators Anita Allison and Michelle Adkins both from NCECDTL. The session explored the considerations, alignment issues, and various uses of coaching / TTA CKC’s. State examples of CKC’s and policies allowing coaching to be used for training requirements will also be reviewed.
- National Center on Afterschool and Summer Enrichment State Data Profiles Database
- Early Childhood Education Professional Development: Training and Technical Assistance Glossary (2011), by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies, is a glossary composed of global definitions for training and technical assistance. The definitions were developed for persons who provide professional development, state policy makers, early education advocates, and program administrators.
- National Workforce Registry Alliance