Session 2: Webinar "Digging Deeper into Details and Nuances"
- Rating structure considerations
- Clear and concise standards
- QRIS key indicators
- Companion tools
- Use of observation and assessment tools (ERS, CLASS™, PAS/BAS, etc.)
- Development and maintenance of staff expertise
*****Friday, September 26th from 2 pm to 3:30 pm ET on-line*****
- QRIS Resource Guide – https://occqrisguide.icfwebservices.com/
- Effective QRIS Standards: The Few and the Powerful – 2014 QRIS National Meeting Breakout Session
- United States. Administration for Children and Families. Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation. (2014). Implications of QRIS design for the distribution of program ratings and linkages between ratings and observed quality. (OPRE Research Brief No. 2014-33). Washington, DC: U.S. Administration for Children and Families, Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation. Retrieved April 28, 2014, from http://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/opre/ecls_brief1.pdf.
- United States. Administration for Children and Families. Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation. (2011). Best practices for conducting program observations as part of quality rating and improvement systems. (Research-to-Policy, Research-to-Practice Brief OPRE 2011-11b). Washington, DC: U.S. Administration for Children and Families, Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation. Retrieved July 13, 2011, from http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/opre/cc/childcare_technical/reports/program_observation.pdf.
- Quality First Arizona Participant Implementation Guide – The Quality First Participant Implementation Guide provides an easy reference for programs enrolled in Quality First as well as those with an interest in finding out more about the program. The Guide offers detailed information about the history of Quality First, the primary components of the program, and resources to support participants' success. The goal of the Participant Guide is to establish a sense of ownership for all Quality First participants and to provide information that will promote effective implementation of creating and sustaining high quality learning environments for our youngest learners in Arizona.
- Washington Early Achievers Head Start, ECEAP & Early Achievers (Pilot project report and reciprocity plan) – http://www.del.wa.gov/publications/elac-qris/docs/HS%20ECEAP%20Early%20Achievers%20pilot%20report.pdf
- Hamre & Maxwell (2011). Best practices in conducting program observations as part of quality rating and improvement systems. http://www.researchconnections.org/childcare/resources/21554/pdf
- Halle, Whittaker & Anderson (2010). Quality in early childhood care and education settings: a compendium of measures – second edition. http://www.researchconnections.org/childcare/resources/18804/pdf