Session 2 - 4/27/17
Development of core rules, including assessment of risk levels
This session will focus on how to select a set of core rules. Core rules can be based on level of risk (risk assessment) or developed through a statistical correlational process (key indicators). We’ll discuss the general mechanics of determining core rules, as well as the process (for example, the composition of an advisory group).
- Rick Fiene
- National Center on Child Care Quality Improvement (2014). Contemporary Issues in Licensing: Monitoring Strategies for Determining Compliance
- Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning
- Bryant, D. M., & Maxwell, K. (2013). Georgia Child Care Licensing and Monitoring Study. FPG Child Development Institute.
- Fiene, R. (2014). Georgia Child Care Licensing Study: Validating the Core Rule Differential Monitoring System. Bright from the Start.
- Core rules reference charts for centers and homes