2017 Efficient and Effective Monitoring in Licensing Peer Learning Group
As States and Territories work to implement new CCDF requirements, many are considering how to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their licensing monitoring systems. This National Center on Early Childhood Quality Assistance Peer Learning Group (PLG) focused on five key areas of the monitoring system, over five sessions:
- Assessing caseloads, improving caseload distribution, and using workload analyses data;
- Developing of core rules, including assessment of risk levels;
- Using core rules for monitoring and enforcement;
- Establishing inter-rater reliability and other quality assurance strategies; and
- Using licensing data and technology.